Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 04:12:17 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  PhillyFireNews.com Message Board
|-+  City of Philadelphia
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Squad 72
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Squad 72  (Read 7554 times)
Philly Transport

« on: February 14, 2012, 10:09:05 PM »

Does anyone know what's happening with Squad 72? If the truck will be repaired, remounted, or replaced?
southphillyff

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 02:05:06 AM »

Needs to be replaced; frame is twisted can't be repaired. Who know when it will be replaced.
goodstop

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 09:05:53 AM »

Stay tuned......word is a lter model lafrance may be retro fitted.

Be consistent not complacent!
SouthPhillyTillyman

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 10:17:32 PM »

Still using E-156
southphillyff

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 07:40:57 PM »

Retro fitting sounds like a bad idea. They never really work out it would take some major body modifications to a regular alf engine to turn into a squad that would fit all there equipment. Weren't all four   of squad trucks purchased with federal homeland security grant money? Why couldn't they get the same grant to replace 72s. It's really taking along time to make a decision by the time they finish a retro fit I would think both squads regular apparatus would be up replacement anyway.
Smoke Diver

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 12:07:57 AM »

How did the frame get twisted? What sort of warranty does ALF have with philly? Correct me if im wrong but didnt FDNY go with ferrara because they were given bumper to bumper warranties? Im not saying philly should go with that, i was just wondering. God bless the PFD. Stay safe all.
fredm

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 03:58:24 AM »

Bad accident is how the frame got twisted, something not covered by a warranty.
SouthPhillyTillyman

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 11:47:22 AM »

Plus the truck was way out of warranty
Brian Mott

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 01:26:20 PM »

I was informed that 201 has been fixed and was in the paint booth... Maybe they will get this engine back...

Brian
The Shadow

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 08:17:59 PM »

How did the frame get twisted? What sort of warranty does ALF have with philly? Correct me if im wrong but didnt FDNY go with ferrara because they were given bumper to bumper warranties? Im not saying philly should go with that, i was just wondering. God bless the PFD. Stay safe all.

NYC has a 5-year bumper to bumper requirement in their bid specs. Seagrave was actually cheaper in the end, but had over 20 exceptions to the bid, mostly surrounding the warranty, which has all but cleaned Seagrave's clock the last 10 years. FFA was the bidder that came closest to the spec for the rearmounts, therefore was awarded the contract. Seagrave did not bid on the rescues.

Recently, an add-on contract was awarded to FFA for 13 more rearmounts for approximately $13 million, making the rearmounts one million bucks each- believed to be the total cost including the warranty for 5 years.

"There are only two things stopping you- fear and common sense."
BigGuy

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 08:38:36 PM »

Retro fitting sounds like a bad idea. They never really work out it would take some major body modifications to a regular alf engine to turn into a squad that would fit all there equipment. Weren't all four   of squad trucks purchased with federal homeland security grant money? Why couldn't they get the same grant to replace 72s. It's really taking along time to make a decision by the time they finish a retro fit I would think both squads regular apparatus would be up replacement anyway.
Squad 47 and Squad 72 front-line apparatus were not purchased with grant money.   They were part of a large order for American LaFrance pumpers.  A change order was done for two of the pumpers.

The Squad companies' second pieces were purchased with federal grant money.  They were fast tracked using GSA pricing.
RontroutPFN
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 01:34:39 AM »

What happened to Squad 201?
Brian Mott

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 07:23:31 AM »

Accident while being used by 72 I believe...

Brian
deputy01b

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 08:25:33 AM »

FDNY had a squad company apparatus severely damaged in an accident.  They took a Seagrave pumper into their shops, lengthened the frame rails to accommodate the longer rescue pumper body and mounted the body from the accident damaged rig.  Not sure how that worked out for them.  Pretty sure they use it as a reserve squad.  The wheelbase on the PFD squad apparatus was longer than a regular ALF pumper also. 
Brian Mott

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 11:30:21 AM »

I believe that to be SQUAD 800... if so, she is the reserve SQUAD...

Brian
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length