Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 08:08:00 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  PhillyFireNews.com Message Board
|-+  Bucks County Discussion
| |-+  Incidents
| | |-+  Middletown Job
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Middletown Job  (Read 3237 times)
Mongo

« on: August 15, 2011, 02:27:50 PM »

Any status of the burned FF?

Also, was the photographer part of the crew or a bystander?  Good shots of how a small fire gets big fast.
JTFIRE80
Beta Testers

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 04:12:58 PM »

Photographer was resident's grandson. It was on his facebook soon after the fire, and was a friend of my wife.
truck dude

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 12:40:14 PM »

Not trying to start a fight but was there water problems or did the fire take off that fast.
Mongo

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 12:52:21 PM »

Not trying to start a fight but was there water problems or did the fire take off that fast.

Which is what brought up my question.  I was hoping it wasn't a chief taking pictures and waiting for the engine to pull up instead of grabbin' the can and knocking the fire.
CanUcMe

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 12:59:07 PM »

Not a 100% but the person who took the pictures was a FF
Mongo

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 01:01:16 PM »

Not a 100% but the person who took the pictures was a FF

The Photog wasn't, as far as I can tell from the response to my original question.
FireLT00

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 01:19:49 PM »

Pump gear
Tank to pump
Preconnect X
150 psi
Wet stuff on red stuff!
CanUcMe

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 01:34:11 PM »

the best part is people said there was a hydrant right infront of the house !!
phillyfires
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 02:25:07 PM »

Let me clear some stuff up about these pix.
First- The person taking the pictures was not a firefighter, nor a relative.
Second- I am able to see the information from the camera of when the photos were taken. There is really no delay. The initial picture to when the fire is knocked is only a couple minutes. The person taking the picture was there obviously prior to the fire dept. and the shots of them standing there waiting for water are taken in a rapid sequence.  So the fire did in fact grow in a very short period of time.
So although these photos tell a story of what happen, they do not tell the entire story.

J.D. Brooke
CanUcMe

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 02:35:02 PM »

Do you know how the FF is doing?
truck dude

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 03:55:38 PM »

Let me clear some stuff up about these pix.
First- The person taking the pictures was not a firefighter, nor a relative.
Second- I am able to see the information from the camera of when the photos were taken. There is really no delay. The initial picture to when the fire is knocked is only a couple minutes. The person taking the picture was there obviously prior to the fire dept. and the shots of them standing there waiting for water are taken in a rapid sequence.  So the fire did in fact grow in a very short period of time.
So although these photos tell a story of what happen, they do not tell the entire story.

J.D. Brooke

Thanks, J.D.  Cool
deputy01b

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 06:56:32 AM »

Two quick comments:
1. This is a terrific series of photos to show the speed, power and fury of this killer phenomenon we are up against. 
2.  It is never a good idea to make comments about a job you were not at because you never have any idea what was going on that was not in the picture.
GREAT PHOTOS !
CanUcMe

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 08:35:08 AM »

Two quick comments:
1. This is a terrific series of photos to show the speed, power and fury of this killer phenomenon we are up against. 
2.  It is never a good idea to make comments about a job you were not at because you never have any idea what was going on that was not in the picture.
GREAT PHOTOS !

In that case let me clear that up the Hydrant was in front of the house !!
Medic873

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 09:10:30 PM »

With all the firing back and forth about the damned photos, nobody has answered the question that has been asked several times: HOW IS THE INJURED FIREFIGHTER???
CanUcMe

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 07:05:36 AM »

I talk to members of Her company and they said she is doing good just a little bit of 2nd degree burn on her shoulder.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length