Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 08:38:33 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  PhillyFireNews.com Message Board
|-+  Bucks County Discussion
| |-+  Incidents
| | |-+  E37 VS. E222
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: E37 VS. E222  (Read 13699 times)
The Shadow

« on: April 27, 2011, 10:03:24 PM »

What's going on in Bensalem? Big story on Fox News at 10:00 tonight about Chief 37 allegedly ordering E37 NOT to supply E222....wassup with dat??

"There are only two things stopping you- fear and common sense."
Gavin62

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 04:33:11 AM »

Guess someone's got their panties in a bunch. "These are my toy trucks, and you can't play here! Sad"

Tommy Gavin
62 Truck
FDNY
closet ic

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 05:34:24 AM »

Sounds like one of those  "You broke my GI Joe and Now I'm Pissed" Games - Great Job there Chief Genius - You made a competent, well thought out tactical decision by delaying Water Supply and extingushment because you and you pre-maddonas are mad you didn't get the paid jobs

Further more you are a disgrace of a leader - You oughta' be arrested and charged for being stupid and be damb thank-ful nobody got hurt or worse as a result of your childish actions.

I'm a Volunteer in a Combination Department, I work Fulltime in Industrial Fire & Emergency Services plus I work Part-Time as a Paid Firefighter....When will people get it ?   Paycheck or not we're all here for the same reason.

I could care less what you're "excuses" are for being angry with your paid counter-parts  GROW UP AND GET OVER IT !
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 05:40:33 AM by closet ic » Logged
racer123

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 06:53:15 AM »

I can't agree with Closet anymore. This is a disgrace to the fire service and the chief should be relieved of his duties. This is a safety issue and this is how the fire service gets a bad rap. We all know if the jobs were opened to the v's in Bensalem that every single one of them would have applied for that job so again grow up.
Old Man Truckee

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 06:55:57 AM »

Get on the train or get run over boys, times are changing and we can't do it alone. We need each other. As for the chief and the other jaded douche bags, this borders on criminal actions....So what did they (37's) accomplish...? wow so you lost some funding to guarantee the tax paying public get a productive professional service guess what the township could do next....Cut the rest of your funding and basically close you down....I believe there is two other companies one with in a half mile and the other like three miles....Get with the program....
boston_rake

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 08:17:44 AM »

This is some crazy crap... I honestly hope it is not true. I hope someone can come on here and explain why this is all a misunderstanding and why none of this is true.

No matter how you feel about paid guys in vollyland, you don't deny them water. As was already said, that borders on criminal... what if (God forbid) someone had been injured or killed and it was found that water was intentionally delayed?
Mongo

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 10:27:20 AM »

This is some crazy crap... I honestly hope it is not true. I hope someone can come on here and explain why this is all a misunderstanding and why none of this is true.

No matter how you feel about paid guys in vollyland, you don't deny them water. As was already said, that borders on criminal... what if (God forbid) someone had been injured or killed and it was found that water was intentionally delayed?

I believe that's called Negligent Homicide.

I hate this situation, although I'm not involved personally, I wish we just had enough people who had enough time to always make the truck, at least get out one piece in an orderly time period.  It's just getting away from that nowadays I guess.
boston_rake

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 11:15:08 AM »

I wish we just had enough people who had enough time to always make the truck, at least get out one piece in an orderly time period.  It's just getting away from that nowadays I guess.

Mongo as a volunteer I agree with you in principle but in Bensalem (at least) and probably most of lower Bucks daytime has been a problem for at least 25 years. I was a college student in 1986 who spent time between classes hanging out hoping to catch fire. On a good day, I was the OIC, a retiree drove and maybe one unemployed guy (or someone home "sick") would jump in the back. On a bad day we scratched. And this wasn't just my station - I listened to companies scratch all over lower Bucks during the day. And things have just gotten worse (much worse) since then...
The Chauffeur

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 11:23:14 AM »

Having read the news account, I gotta say this Chief is an abomination and should be removed. The pissing contest is over a beef with the township about some of their funding being used to pay salaries of paid firefighters. Please explain to me what has to do with suppling water at a working fire. How about the owner of the warehouse suing this moron. This is the kind of crap that causes people to shrink back from volunteering in their community.
Retired PFD Lieut
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 01:39:19 PM »

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/chief-investigated-in-fire-department-feud

I only know what I've read but I will say this,,,if you don't have the pride that you should have for yourself and the company your in,,get the f--k out of the fire service.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 01:40:50 PM by Retired PFD Lieut » Logged
boston_rake

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 03:00:30 PM »

I only know what I've read but I will say this,,,if you don't have the pride that you should have for yourself and the company your in,,get the f--k out of the fire service.

Loo, I'm not exactly sure where you're going with that but I will add this to your thought... if you have pride in your company, and you're unhappy that a township paid crew is beating you into your local, then figure out a way to get a well-trained daytime crew together (a crew, not just 1-2 guys) and get out the door faster.

The quality of the service provided has to go UP, not down. If the paid crew raises the bar higher, then the service you provide has to go higher also - or you become satisfied with playing a supporting role. You shouldn't put your energy into trying to bring down the service the paid guys are providing (by not giving them water, or by beating them in undermanned).

I had the opportunity to volunteer in a combination system where I worked alongside career personnel. Often us volunteers would put together a duty crew, and we took pride in delivering the same level of service as the career crew. Understand the difference - from our pride, we provided the SAME (or better!) level of service they did, we didn't try to undermine the career crew, slow them down or bring them down to a lower level.
Firefighter116

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 03:56:36 PM »

First I would like to say this is ridiculous from both sides. Just look at the subject "E37 VS E222" no matter if you're paid or not these arguments are perpetuating what they are meant to resolve. I for one have not heard the tapes and do not know the full story much like all of you who are formulating your opinions from the media. Did Chief 37 order not to give water to E222 because they are paid? Did he do it because he disagreed with tactics? Maybe it never happened at all. Everyone needs to take a step back and wait for the facts before stoking the fire. Next, I would like to point out that as a volunteer in Bensalem I don't believe there is "bad blood" between the Fire Marshal's Office and the individually operated volunteer departments. In fact, the majority of the fire marshal employees are also volunteer firemen in the township and have been for years. If there is animosity it is only present in the minority of firemen. No matter if you get a paycheck for 8 hrs out of the day or spend every waking hour at the station with no compensation other than the satisfaction of the job, when the tones get dropped we will all be there crawling down the same hallway....for the most part. Any volunteer whose feelings are hurt need to realize we are still the backbone of fire protection to the residents. If there is a need for our services from 0800hrs-1630hrs and there is someone there to help us get out deal with it as long as the "Paid Guys" realize that when they clock out it's time to leave any issues in the office. We all do the same job no one is a better person because they get paid or they do it for free. As Bensalem firefighters we need to work together and operate just as we did before the SAFER Grant. There's no difference just one more department in Bensalem from 8-4. Stay safe everyone.
Gavin62

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 04:36:15 PM »

The chief's fleet consists of 3 Hummer H-3s, 2006 and newer. He has TWO marine boats, and another BIG boat on the way. And he's mad about money? Why not sell 2 of those chief's cars and give your guys a blinky light for their personal cars like most other fire companies? Or how about not buying a big-ass boat that will only be properly utilized MAYBE once a year, if you're lucky. I know fire companies around here that have a lot less to work with than 37's and they get the job done. Shit, look at all those companies down south and in the midwest that still have front line trucks from the 70's and older. I believe the chief has already committed a misdemeanor for risking a catastrophe, and he should be removed and arrested. Maybe a few months in "The County" with Bubba will make him play nice with others. What if, as a result of this, the township said "screw you" and yanked ALL your township funding? Good luck gassing up those Hummers on your own dime, douchebag, lol

Tommy Gavin
62 Truck
FDNY
FOLLOWME1031

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 04:44:10 PM »

AGREE WITH SOME DISAGREE WITH OTHERS....

CHIEF ALEDGEDLY DENIES A WATER SUPPLY TO ANOTHER ENGINE... WOW.. PAID OR NOT, REGARDLESS YOU'RE THERE TO DO A JOB.   GET IT DONE AND BRING EVERYONE HOME SAFE.  MAYBE THE TOWNSHIP SHOULD STEP IN AND HAVE ONE SET OF POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR ALL DEPARTMENTS.  THE TOWNSHIP WILL DO WHAT IT WANTS TO DO ANYWAY.  HOW ABOUT HAVING ONE CHIEF FOR THE ENTIRE TOWNSHIP? NOW I BELIEVE EVERY CHIEF HAS THEIR OWN KINGDOM.  I AM NOT UNDERSTANDING WHY IT IS THAT HARD FOR THE VOLUNTEER GUYS AND "PAID GUYS" TO WORK AS ONE.  AS FOR THE "PAID GUYS" SETTING A BAR OF PROFESSIONALISM IT'S ONLY BEEN MONTHS SINCE THIER EXISTANCE.  WAS THERE NO BAR PRIOR??  I AM SURE IT WORKS BOTH WAYS, THE VOLUNTEERS TALK SMACK ABOUT THE "PAID GUYS" AND "PAID GUYS WILL TALK SMACK ON VOLUNTEER GUYS.  EITHER WAY WHEN IT COMES TIME TO DO THE JOB PUT THINGS ASIDE OR  STAY HOME
Retired PFD Lieut
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 04:48:03 PM »

Pride to me is looking at yourself in the mirror and knowing you did the very best you could to get a job done. By not giving ,or assisting another company that needed your help in an emergency situation to me isn't an example of doing your best. I know its a strange analogy,,just my two cents on the subject. As someone who wasn't directly involved with this situation I wasn't even going to comment but to me this was petty at the very least.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length