Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 08:10:17 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  PhillyFireNews.com Message Board
|-+  Bucks County Discussion
| |-+  Incidents
| | |-+  Warrington Vehicle Fire: FF Down
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Warrington Vehicle Fire: FF Down  (Read 9942 times)
followme

« on: March 25, 2011, 03:26:03 PM »

This is from what i caught on the scanner:

In the area of Pickertown and Folly rd

Reported to be a tractor on fire

Firefighter down with facial burns...

Helicopter on standby...Pennstar 6,  6-8 mins out.

followme

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 03:28:51 PM »

UPDATE:  Medic 129 stood down the helicopter, will be transporting via ground to Abington. 

Wishing for a speedy recovery.
EFC95LT
Beta Testers

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 04:01:24 PM »

Latest I heard was transporting two to Abington...

Stand Bys in place ay 29's:  Montco E15 & L15, Rescue 66.....Bucks advised they would be there for an extended period of time.....
madirishman

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 05:06:08 PM »

What I got through the NetAlert:

2 Firefighters injured with burns.  Helicopter initially requested. 
Medic on scene canceled fly, will transport 2 to Abington.

No other info available at this time.
Firefighter7488

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 06:22:44 PM »

Montco sta 15 just cleared sta 29
boston_rake

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 07:06:32 PM »

Any word on how the FFs are doing?
oldtimeWGFF

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 08:53:25 PM »

According to Action News one FF has been transfered to Temple U Hosp.
taketheroof

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 09:03:20 PM »

i heard it was a battalion chief and another firefighter, the firefighter took the brunt of it and is at Temple still in sever pain with second degree burns to his face, the Battalion is doing a little bit better still in Abington
bobevans

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 09:48:11 PM »

First, let me say I wish these two brothers a speedy and full recovery...any day, any time, things can go
South real quick and surprise everybody...and before everyone jumps down my throat, is there any report whether these guys were wearing full PPE?  Facial burns make me assume that at least one FF was not wearing SCBA.  Not Monday morning quarterbacking...I am a big proponent of firefighterclosecalls.com and doing anything/everything we can to mitigate an inherently dangerous job and stay safe; going home at the end of the day.  Whether it's a dumpster, car, bulldozer, or "routine" dwelling, you never know what lies behind, waiting.  Stay safe brothers.

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 10:05:05 PM »

from what i understand they were masking up when some kind of explosion occured
oldmanfire

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 10:12:02 PM »

Bob, I won't jump down your throat but come on.  Do you get off the truck or engine at a working fire masked up?  I don't nor have I ever.  I mask up close to the point of entry.  I wasn't there but I know that 2 guys are in the hospital. Only the people there know what happened and why. I know a few guys there and I would think that if this was a teaching point, it will come out.
madirishman

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 11:10:38 PM »

Before the Monday morning quarterbacking starts, here is an update on the situation.

From 6 ABC News:

WARRINGTON, Pa. - March 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Two firefighters were injured trying to extinguish a burning front loader on Friday in Bucks County.
A 25 year old captain of the Warrington Fire Department is being treated at Temple University Hospital burn unit for severe burns suffered in an explosion.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8034984
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 11:16:30 PM by phillyfires » Logged
quikvent1

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2011, 01:23:40 AM »

Well if this situation teaches us anything, it's that maybe we should be masked up before exiting the truck. I wish these two guys a speedy recovery.
madirishman

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2011, 01:30:22 AM »

They exited the truck, stretched a line, set at a 45* angle, were about 25 feet away and were about to mask up when the explosion happened.

We do this all the time.  Do not sit back and pick it apart just cause you can. 

boston_rake

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 07:07:19 AM »

As admittedly one of the biggest Monday morning QBs on here, I wouldn't touch this one. First right now our attention, thoughts and prayers have to be with the injured FFs. They can do a lot with burns today, hopefully they can get healed and have minimal long-lasting effects... maybe nothing more than a tiny scar they can show their grandchildren one day.

Second, this is just one of those crazy things that happen that you can never be fully prepared for. Nobody would have expected or predicted that would have happened.

But like was said, it's a heads-up to always be ready because all the "routine" calls can make you forget the danger that is always there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length