Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2014, 05:31:33 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  PhillyFireNews.com Message Board
|-+  Lancaster County
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  west hempfield twp
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: west hempfield twp  (Read 1463 times)
18 FF

« on: December 26, 2008, 01:52:22 PM »

just curious....  can anyone tell me if the 12 fire co's that serve this twp are merged or consolidated?

FDPHOTOGRAPHER

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 04:09:02 PM »

There are a total of two departments,not 12 that have first due in West Hempfield Township.

West Hempfield Fire Department(Station 7-6) was formed on Jan 1 2000 from the Ironville and Silver Spring Fire Companies.

Mountville Fire Company(7-15) also has a small section of West Hempfield Township, along with having first due in Mountville Borough and Manor Township..

Hope this helps..

Woody Woodward

woody.woodward911@gmail.com

What I post is my opinion only, If you have a problem with what I post. Send me an email and we'll chat
18 FF

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 09:48:39 PM »

http://cms.firehouse.com/content/article/article.jsp?id=62092&sectionId=46

here is where i got my info.  my apologies if it is incorrect.  maybe i am reading it wrong.

3/4 way thru the article.... where they mention the 15k in fire co. funding. 

for the record... i thought 12 seemed a little high, but i always a lot of lancaster co's running together so you never know. 

i wanted to use the article info for comparison to our current situation in my district of bucks co. 

thanks for clarifying.
firemen14

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 11:28:21 PM »

capt 36 if you go back to the article, it says it is westmoreland county.
rich
18 FF

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 11:01:39 AM »

i stand corrected on the actual names involved.  that's what happens when you read at 11:30 at night i guess.

"The agreement called for the township to withhold $5,000 of the annual $15,000 stipend it gives to each of the dozen township volunteer fire departments. The supervisors would use the money to buy a more traditional-sounding alarm that wouldn't upset residents. Hempfield agreed to pay for the installation. "

"If West Point is dropped from the dispatching system, Saunders said, residents of the housing development would have to rely on fire protection from the Dry Ridge Volunteer Fire Department in Unity, about a mile away. "

that is the quotes that had me almost freak out...lol.

thanks for clarifying this guys.  i appreciate it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length